Sex n Crime 06
From C64 Diskmag Wiki
________________________________________ sex'n'crime #006 august 1989 ________________________________________ 1.........editorial 6.............games 2.........reactions 7............charts 3..rumours and news 8..........contacts 4.news and previews 9.........interview 5.who gets it all ? 0...........mailbox ________________________________________ CREDITS: coding........................tonie/amok graphics........................art/amok music..................jesper olsen/amok articles...omg,shabby,falco paul,tj/amok print-routine...............boneman/amok SEX'N'CRIME (c) in 1989 by GAME ON. written and produced by AMOK. send your articles, rumours, news, game-previews and votings to: AMOK ENTERTAINMENT SEX'N'CRIME XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX or call: XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX remember: we are NOT swapping any kind of pirated software !! be COOL... be LEGAL... ________________________________________ hi, folks ! yes, i am back after 4 weeks without my beloved computer. gosh ! how i missed this little mashine. anyway, here i am and i hope you'll have a good time the next couple of minutes. we got about 300 letters in the last four weeks. and, many people joined AMOK's AGENCY OF CODERS ! so, if YOU want to earn a lot of money, too, send some us some examples of your work ! we are always looking for musicians, screen graphicans, paper drawers, coders and people who would like to write articles for our many magazines. (right, SEX'N'CRIME is not our onlyone.) you may also contact us, if you need any HELP (graphic, music etc.) for your own games. ________________________________________
* REACTIONS! * dear TMB of PULSAR. your phonecall (together with VIRGIN) was embarresing. ! you think you are working for MAGNETIC DREAMS. you are even making advertisment for that mag. hummm... ok, but how can you make those advertisements by saying that the SEX'N'CRIME is shit ?! you even renamed our mag into SEX'N'SLIME and wrote shit about us into our mailbox. well, in fact we got about one million readers. and our magazine is probably the most popular ever. but, that doesn't matter anyway, as CHRIS of MAGNETIX (he is in charge for the MAGNETIC DREAMS) already apologised for your behavior. he said you are a stupid idiot. and PULSAR has nothing to do with the MAGNETIC DREAMS anymore. by the way, our two magazines will merge in the near future. the REAL PULSAR is dead, so why don't you stop pretending to be a great guy even though you are only a craphead ? dear JOHN SINCLAIR (?) and MAZE (?) of VIRGIN... who the hell do you think you are ?! you called me up and said it was wrong that some from FUNTEX joined you. i tried to explain it, but you didn't listen, so, read this closely: -CONTEX was only in war with FUNTEX. -suddenly MAGIC NEWS wrote that german CONTEX was in war with VIRGIN, but SCRAP of CONTEX is the only german member and he told us that he does not even know you. the only thing he knew about you was, that your french (or belgian ?) members contacted him and he didn't answer because he thinks you are LAME. so, he told us about that and we wrote in the SEX'N'CRIME that there was no war going on between your two groups. -MAGIC NEWS wrote in their next issue that there IS a war as FUNTEX joined VIRGIN. -so, you called me and denied that you got anything to do with FUNTEX but, in the same sentence you said, APOLLO of FUNTEX joined you. now, what am i supposed to believe ?! you idiot !! -we are always conzerned with the truth. of course we wrote that there might really be a war as MAGIC NEWS said so. but we also wrote that FUNTEX might kept this as a secret as they (lame) might fear to get kicked out of VIRGIN which, as i thought at that time, was cool. but, i was wrong. VIRGIN is lame. -you said our charts are unfair. you said, DOMINATORS, ACTION and GENESIS are lame and do not deserve to be in the charts at all !! gosh ! are you sick or what ?! ACTION is 10 times BETTER than you !! and, i sure know why even ACTION said you are lame !! if you are not pleased with the charts you may take influence by voting ! (you can also vote for your own group !) anyway, you said DOMINATORS are lame, that's probably because they are not swapping with you (as far as i know, they don't swap with lamers !) and you are not getting all their (many) COOL cracks ! anyway, it doesn't matter what i think as the people voted them on place 1 and we are NOT cheating the votes. as far as i know you are in NO charts at all. neither in the SMASHER, IGUANA, MAGIC NEWS nor in the SEX'N'CRIME. do you really think they are ALL cheating just because they don't like you ?! in fact ACTION are germany's FASTEST and GENESIS are germany's BEST crackers. and you are N-O-T-H-I-N-G ! your magazine (VIRGINIA NEWS) is ridiculous. i bet your magazine is going to be the ONLYONE were VIRGIN will be among the 10 best as YOU will CHEAT the charts for sure !!! has there yet ever been a special version (either good or fast) from VIRGIN ? i couldn't name even one ! dear JUMPIE/F4CG. you asked why the PIRATES was chosen to be the best paper-magazine. we only took your issue 1-3 into the charts. we didn't know your issue 4 (that crap on disk) was supposed to be a real issue. in fact issue.5 (on paper again) was not so good aswell. so, if we had seen your issue 5 and the newest IGUANA in time, the charts had been completely different. i really hope your no.6 is going to be better again.IGUANA is the best mag. again. and, yes, we are a propaganda-magazine. we do 'propaganda' for COOL people and we will never stop reporting about them ! but, whenever anyone of them dares to ripp, recrack, freeze, steal or whatever, we will be there to write about that aswell, no matter how big they are !! we are no judges, we are the judgement ! (hehehe... got the point ?) ________________________________________
Rumours and News
* RUMOURS AND NEWS * MATRIX made a mega-demo, called FANTASIA which was quite nice in fact. but, that part with the 2x2 char-set and a hopping amiga-ball was RIPPED from an old demo which was, as far as i remember, coded by THE ELECTRONIC KNIGHTS in 1987. the lamers STEVE+WATSON (ex-FUNTEX) joined MATRIX after getting kicked out of DRIVE ! god must have loved the lamers, otherwise he would not have made so many of them ! (hehehe...) WOLF and NAF of BABYGANG (a very good french demo-group !) decided to leave the c-64 scene due to a serious lack of time and fun. ATOMIC and BANDIT joined AMOK. so, the ATOMIC NEWS is another AMOK-magazine. SAVAGE will join PULSAR (haha) soon. we talked to VAMP after he was caught and he said, LAZER is dead without him. MANY people (also MAGIC NEWS) said that, but, according to LAZER all this is not true and they still rule the top... GALLON is dead. THE DESTROYER joined BIONIX. now a lot of BIONIX left and search for a new group to join. MAGNETIX asked us to clear this once and for all: the MAGNETIC DREAMS is not (!) a PULSAR-magazine ! so, if you want to order an issue, send 9.90 dm to: JEZ of MAGNETIX - chris cemper gaenserndorferstrasse 18 2232 deutsch-wagram - austria ! do NOT order it from PULSAR !! DAMNED (ex-coder from 711) left. he is now a coder in THE NEW FASHION'77. two members of DOUBLE and one from BYTESTAR joined TNF'77 aswell. MOSKWA TV did NOT join DYNAMIX ! he is the onlyone left in BEASTIE BOYS and even is proud of that !! anyway, he is helping BRAIN to organize their party in dortmund. MANAGEMENT left DYNAMIX again. after KILENEMY left, QCF (australia) is dead now. the ex-QCF members formed a new group, called MAD. TDF/RFX co-op might split up as some members want to make a new group aswell. the DOUBLE and D-VISION co-op broke up. CONTEX and BYTERAPERS will start their co-operation on 18.august'89. MOPPE of ONEWAY will probably join the MANIACS OF NOISE soon, he made the NEW OUTRUN 2 music. GALLEON might sell his cool packers to OCEAN in the near future. the ex-PARAMOUNT'ers have NOT been kicked out. they left and joined DYNAMIX on purpose. but, still MCA did not apologise for recracking. lame ! SHADOW and PRINCE (both ex-CFR) tried a comeback on the c-64 with a new group, called ANIMUS. actually PRINCE (coder) didn't really like to code so ANIMUS broke up again. the MAGIC NEWS is dead ! STAD (ruediger) joined MAGNETIX. so the august-issue will be the last. in the future he will work for MAGNETIC DREAMS and SEX'N'CRIME some rumours said that ACTION want to continue the MAGIC NEWS but according to ruediger they are not allowed to do so. SKATEBALL (a preview was released some months ago) was protected by RADWAR. CONAN and GENERAL ZOFF wrote the copy- protection for LEONARDO. in fact both copy-protections weren't too good. there sure was more to be expected from those former no.1 crackers in germany. TECHNOCOP was kicked out of TNF'77. he joined DUPLEX (ex-THE GERMAN FORCES). THE ELECTRIC CO, REDSTAR and DNA did not join LOGIC, but they founded it ! NOISE joined NATO. they already released a nice little demo, called WRAXIMER 5. (or however that has to be spelled...) RAZOR was kicked out of ONEWAY, joined X-RAY for 2 days, was kicked out again, thought about founding his own group, called CANOM (?) and finally joined RAW DEAL. (for how long ?) XXX and BOD (ex-crackers from HOTLINE) founded their own group, called TALENT. THE NEW BANDITS and 1 member of REALITY joined BRAIN. the rest from REALITY joined MATRIX. NIGEL/FIRE EAGLE, SCORTIA/BLASTERS and most from COLDCUT (ex-DANECREW) joined FACTION (ex-DIXIE). DIMITRI/COLDCUT sold his computer. FIRE EAGLE is almost dead. ROG (modem) stopped c-64 works and is only swapping video now. XEROX and most of the other danish members stopped aswell. ERIC is mainly swapping on amiga (as a member of SPHINX) and SOEDESOFT are making amiga-music for 2 new SPHINX-games. GENESIS decided to quit the co-op as they were doing all the GP+FE-wares in the past by their own. not all members of X-RATED changed their name into ELECT. actually there has been a new cool demo which was coded by the dudes in X-RATED. CONQUEROR/X-RATED will soon go to america for 10 months. ELECT and DAMAGE started a co-op. theyFare also coding a writer which is supposed to be released by DIGITAL MARKETING. CENTAURI wrote us a very long story about the lameness of PIZZA/LEGEND. we can't print it as it really is too long, but PIZZA was kicked out of LEGEND anyway and he joined FALCON now. COLIN (ex-MOVE) left MANOWAR and joined WORLD WIDE EXPRESSIVE, left again and joined VIRGIN, left again and finally joined OPAL. he is now in charge for OPAL's disk-magazine: NEWS'N'CHARTS. after having some little troubles THE FORCE/australia and THE FORCE/israel finally merged their groups. some from LIBERTY and DANECREW built up a new crew, called UNICESS. there is a new italian group, called ELECTRA. they already released some heavy cracks. some weeks ago, a few dudes from SPHINX, ALPHAFLIGHT and CRYPT formed a new group called SODOM. stronger than ever the SHARKS are back ! TANNER/BABOONS, STET and THORSTEN/DCS returned to the cool dudes in SHARKS !! SPIKE of AMOK broke his nose while roller-skating !! tough luck... hehe... o STEFAN SIEGERT joined AMOK. he was the winner of an 64'ER-music-competition which was organized in 1988 by the official company MARKT & TECHNIK. CHRIS HUELBECK won the same competition in 1986 with his famous SOUND-MONITOR. ________________________________________
News and Previews
* NEWS AND PREVIEWS: * PEPSI-party (more amiga than c-64) 25.august'89 - 27. august'89 in furuland/sweden to get further informations or the invitation (12 pages !!!) write to: LANDRETH of PEPSI - XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX GENESIS/FIRE EAGLE party 2.september'89 in recklinghausen/germany to get an invitation, write to: BOOZER of GENESIS - XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TRANSCOM/FAIRLIGHT-party 29.october'89 - 29.october'89 in paris/france write to: TRANSCOM - XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX the BLASTERS party in spain was a total disaster. nobody showed up, exept some local lamers and some cool dudes from CHEYENS. they came all the way down from denmark !! hihihi... the STARDOM/CRAZY demo-competition results: 1. CREST 2. mda 3. genesis 4. tfb 5. virgin the SAVAGE party was laaaaaaaaame... we were told that ONLY TANNER/BABOONS, EX'TM/DEFENSE and some small people showed up. SAVAGE didn't even want to finish their own party-demo. so, there was absolutely no new stuff. NOTHING. MAGNETIX-music-competiton send one of your selfmade musics to MAGNETIX. deadline: end of august'89. multi-trainer-world-records: RAMBO 3........+23 excell/ikari XYBOTS.........+25 dogfriend/dominators LICENSE TO KILL+44 the goblin/genesis CHAOS#1 will soon release their first cool game, called PHANTASM-THE GAME. AMOK will probably make the music for at least 2 games from FUTURE VISION (ex-FUSION,PHOENIX) from ANIMATED PIXELS if you need a nice logo (15,-dm) or a background graphic for your own game (100,-dm) write to: THORSTEN GROSCH of AMOK XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THE FORCE/israel started coding a game, called ZODIAC CHALLENGE which will probably contain 20 exiting levels ! ________________________________________
Who Gets It All?
* WHO GETS IT ALL ?? * AS most of you probably know, there are a lot of MUSIC"COMPANIES" around at this moment, all hoping to earn MONEY and get FAMOUS at the same time... UNFORTUNATLY the real situation is not like that at all !! SOME of the groups got the FAME, but the money has gone to the MANIACS OF NOISE ! ocasionly, FAME and LORDS OF SONICS get a GERMAN contract, but nothing to speak off !! the thing is, if you want to make a living by doing music, you really got to take A HELL OF A LOT of orders!! BUT how comes M.O.N gets all the ORDERS? first off all, MON started 1 year before all the others even FORMED their group! at the same time, ROB HUBBARD quit the buiss, and there grow a great need for quality tunes. a need, which JEROEN TEL was perfectly able to forfill!! AFTER big succes with a new STYLE of music (SCOUT, CYBERNOID, etc.), they got enourmous popular and all the company signed them up. offcourse JT was the man responisble for their enourmous success! YOU could say JT made what MON is today! about 1 year ago, some new music groups were formed, but the tunes were very poor and the sound-quality was SHIT. so the COMPANYS stayed "loyal" to MON! BUT since MON will probaly move and concetrate on doing VIDEO-MUSIC, NEW CHANCES arise for the music groups! SO, who is going to GET IT ALL? only time will tell... falco/20CC ________________________________________
* GAMES! * LEONARDO is a cool game with nice little graphics and music. i really enjoyed playing it. so, STARBYTE sure did a fine piece of coding which is worth the bit of money. rating: 85% NEW ZEALAND STORY looks pretty mutch like GIANA SISTERS. average backgrounds, average sprites and average (bad) music. to play this you must not be older than 5 years... rating: 35% FORGOTTEN WORLDS is another SHOOT'EM UP, released by CAPCOM. a lame music but excellent graphics made me love this game. if you don't buy this game you'll miss something. rating: 90% VIGILANTE is a karate-game. the c-64 version is pretty lame, so, if you want to play it, play it on the amiga !! the c-64 has bad sprite-collisions, lame graphics and a stupid music. rating: 40% XYBOTS is a 3-d arcade-action game. but, the graphics are too slow to be cool. so, don't waste your money... rating: 20% ________________________________________
* CHARTS * BEST CRACKERS: 01. ................DOMINATORS (denmark) 02. ................hotline (holland) 03. ................dcs (england) 04. ................paninaro (england) 05. ................action (germany) 06. ................genesis (germany) 07. ................cosmos (austria) 08. ................711 (germany) 09. ................f4cg (italy+b) 10. ................dynamix (germany) REMEMBER: this is called BEST CRACKERS. so, good intros, fast releases or a good reputation (IKARI !) are only of minor interest. please remember that if you vote in here. but, we can also make a list for the fastest releases etc. in the future. anyway... PLEASE VOTE !! the more votes we got, the more objective it will be. THE RULES: give between 0-10 points (10 is best) for as many groups as you want and name the BEST-CRACKED game you have seen. you may also vote for yourself, but be FAIR ! BEST CRACKS 01. FORGOTTEN WORLDS......SNACKY/GENESIS the complete (!) 100% game (2 sides) was packed into 4 files +11 trainers 02. TIME SCANNER..........SNACKY/GENESIS complete game packed into 3 files +8 trainers and a joystick-control 03. LEONARDO............ONEWAY - GENESIS yes, ONEWAY and GENESIS are equal on 3. place... ONEWAY version: complete game is 244 blocks long. (21 loader, 222 game, 1 hi-score) 7 trainers, 3 codes given and a fastload handicap: after watching the intro you have to reload the whole 222 blocks. GENESIS version: complete game is 244 blocks long. (172 intro+game, 71 final, 1 high-score) 7 trainers, 19 codes given. after watching the intro you can press space to play the game. ZIZYPHUS and SNACKY proved to be REAL cracking-aces ! BEST DEMOS 01. NEW GOLD DREAM................LOGIC superb graphics and cool coding. 02. ONE YEAR......................CREST the best demo they ever made !! coooool logos and great high-tech. 03. SPLASHER TWO..................RIFFS funny effects, nice graphics ! ________________________________________
* CONTACTS * we are glad that so many of you like to use this option. anyway, we really don't want to handle these masses of adresses for FREE anymore. so, from now on you MUST vote in the charts to 'pay' us for releasing your adress ! ok ? great... (removed) ________________________________________
* INTERVIEW! * sorry, i've lost the interview-papers from BAAL/ZEB+WOT. but, it wasn't too interesting anymore as he was c-ught. anyway... we interviewed JOZZ from MANIACS OF NOISE instead and we-think, he is a very interesting person ! o = OMG (amok) j = JOHANNES BJERREGAARD (jb/mon) o: how old are you ? j: i'm 19 years of age. (18.04.1970) o: in which groups have you been and since when are you a member of the MANIACS OF NOISE ? j: first i was in TRITON TECHNOLOGY but i did nothing for them. then i joined UPFRONT. i left them when i joined MANIACS OF NOISE in october'88. o: for which games and companies have you been doing music yet ? j: my very first game-music was: THE VIKINGS-intro tune in DAVID WHITTAKER's routine i believe... 2.game was TIGER MISSION which was from KELE LINE aswell. THUNDERFORCE and EAGLES from HEWSON, SPECIAL AGENT from FIREBIRD (those jerks don't pay !!) ZOOM/DISCOVERY SOFTWARE, STORMLORD (the worst disco- crap i've ever done !!! the intro- tune with those samples was made by JEROEN TEL. i also made the musics for NIGHTDAWN (i hate it !), FRUITBANK and some boxing-game, but i can't remember the name. o: what do you think about other musicians like 20CC,JESPER OLSEN, FAME, LORDS OF SONICS, JCH and ROCKIN' LIMITED ? j: i'm a good friend of JCH and i think i could learn a lot of him. (the guy writes 10 pieces a day !!) i do know JESPER OLSEN as well and we often exchange ideas for routines and the like. i could learn a lot of him aswell (the guy writes 10 music- routines a day !!!) 20CC don't say anything about me so i won't mention them either ! who is FAME ?? LORDS OF SONICS ?? ROCKIN' LIMITED ?? all in all... speaking music only (and not the coding) i don't believe anyone on the c-64 can teach me anything. the only guys that i respect are: MR.GALWAY, ROB HUBBARD, the guy who wrote the BIONIC COMMANDO music and to a certain degree: FRED GRAY... naaah, don't write him on the list ! o: what is your job in M.O.N. ? j: i was offered to use CD's player but i prefered my own so, after writing NIGHT DAWN with ugly sounds in it (the player which now takes 15 scan- lines), CD asked me to write a new one with better sounds - i didn't really care about "sound" at that time - so, i did - and that's what i am using now. i also wrote the player for the amiga myself. o: how do you get to make a music for a game ? does CHARLES DEENEN get the contract and then decided which one of you should do the music ? j: yes. CD calls me or writes when i've finished a job and tells me the next one and its deadline.the payment-rate comes afterwards. o: what was your best or worst experience in your life ? j: best: UPFRONT copy-party worst: broken c-64. (none of the above answers are true, but, i bet it is what you wanted me to write !) o: hehehe... anyway, when did you get your first computer ? how many comps do you have by now ? when did you start making music ? j: 1983, c-64 - c64 - st - amiga (i also have written a music-player for the c-16, believe it or not !) i'm planning to do a routine for the amstrad now that i have borrowed it from a friend... if i can find it under the carpet of dust... i started on c-64 music late 1985. o: how mutch money do you usually earn for a music ? j: around _200 - _400. o: rumours say that MANIACS OF NOISE will leave the c-64 to make VIDEO- PROMOTIONS and DOCUMENTARY MUSIC. will YOU leave c-64 aswell ?? j: NEVER TRUST RUMOURS !! (johannes told us a little "secret" we are not allowed to print it, but, don't ask me, why !? the editor) maybe i'll stop writing music and go to the music consercatory (or whatever you call the school of music) of jazz since jazz music is the only style of music that i really care of. o: what are you doing in your freetime ? do you have special hobbies or a girl-friend ? what's your favourite music, movie or food ? j: i like to play the piano, talk to strange guys on the phone, cook dinner and look after my apartment. i don't have a girlfriend. and i dont watch movies too often. my fave music has got to be YELLOW JACKETS or ART TATUM. (you never heart of them!) my fave food ? arrgh... i just ate ! o: are you playing in a real band ? are you making music besides your comp ? j: my keyboard is too heavy to use for playing in a "real" band(kawai m8000) since i don't have a car. (and if i did, i would not have been able to buy the m8000 !!) i do some sequencing music with d.r.t.'s sequencer and an u-110. mostly jazz. only for fun but maybe soon for a local radio station. (still only for the fun of it.) o: what do you think about SEX'N'CRIME ? do you know any other magazines ? what do you think about them ? j: SEX'N'CRIME is ok but a little hard to read. a print-option would be a great help. SMASHER is ok. (rating STORMLORD 10/10 in audio although i'd have rated it 3/10 maximum !) they are going to interview me next so get that one folks, if you wanna read this again ! i know no other mags. well, ILLEGAL was a bit boring, but it's a long time since i've seen the last. ZZAP is great fun !! o: do you have special friends or enemies in the c-64 scene ? j: no. o: what do you think about FUTURE COMPOSER and RO-MUZAK ? j: FUTURE COMPOSER: i never tried it but the music in it is TERRIBLE. i guess it must be the composer's fault !! i never heard of RO-MUZAK and i do't care. o: if you could choose a place, where would you like to live ? j: in new york ! mainly because that there are no insects in big towns ! naah... it's the jazz centre in the world ! o: if you had to live on a lonly island for the rest of your life, which 3 things would you take with you ?! j: a piano, my radio and a plane depart to new york every 30 minutes ! o: what is your biggest desire ? do yoou have a life-time wish ? j: lifetime wish: someone would stop asking all those stupid questions ! o: hehehe... ok, but just let me get rid of my last question... what is your real occupation ? are you still going too school or are you a M.O.N.- fulltime composer, or, maybe you are unemplyed... or, whatever ?! j: i draw maps of the country for living !!! o: yeuchhh ! well, ok, thank you very mutch for this ! j: i hope you can use my answers ! now, don't manipulate with any of my answers ! yours, JOZZ... ________________________________________ yepp... that's it... you reached the end again ! REMEMBER: whenever you find some wrong information in here, write us at once. of course you can also send us fuckings, but maybe you should prove a little more brain and tell us about our mistakes so we can correct them. how should we ever improve our magazine if some stupid guys start hating us instead of helping us ? (hey, COSMOS does this sound familiar to you ?! hehe... you know, it's easy to criticize, but it's HARD to improve !) THANKS for additional HELP to: sharks,rti,oneway,logic,contex,crypt, maniacs of noise,transcom,genesis,dcs, magnetix,powerzone,the force and you.
MAILBOX V3.0 -guess what... riiiiiiiight... again there are bugs in the scroll... again i feel like an idiot (i probably really am !) anyway, we got a lot of great inspirations from you for a new, better main-program. so, watch out... maybe we will release the next SEX'N'CRIME with the final (best) main-editor. (no bugs, honest !)
D64 MD5: ad9e2c161f68d83de1f66f2f36d7f3c9