Sex n Crime 04
From C64 Diskmag Wiki
________________________________________ sex'n'crime #004 june 1989 ________________________________________ 1.........editorial 6.............games 2.........reactions 7............charts 3..rumours and news 8...........contact 4.news and previews 9.........interview 5..............fame 0...........mailbox ________________________________________ CREDITS: coding.............tonie/amok graphics.............art/amok music.................jo/amok articles.............omg/amok ________________________________________ hey, hey, hey... again you managed to get an issue of this magazine... and again we will try to entertain you for a couple of minutes... gosh ! i never believed sex'n'crime would ever get that popular but, apparently i was wrong. this magazine seems to be of public interest by now. and we are really glad about that !! never stop writing us those nice little letters, and please never stop spreading this. thank you. and remember: you do NOT have to be illegal to be cool !
* REACTIONS * we got many hundreds of letters... and it really makes us feel good to know that you like this magazine. but there have also been some negative reactions. some of you do not seem to understand, that we try to make an OBJECTIVE mag. we really were annoyed to read in a COSMOS crack that our magazine is crap as we spread wrong informations on purpose. COSMOS said it was complete nonsense to say they splitted up and BIG BEN was kicked out. well, how am we supposed to know that ?! they said, COSMOS will last forever... but, there is another magazine, called MAGIC NEWS which interviewed a member of COSMOS and he said that BIG BEN was kicked out as they had a little internal trouble and BIG BEN messed a few things up, so he was kicked. he also said that COSMOS splitted into SOLAR (ex-COSMOS-holland) and CHALLENGE (ex-COSMOS-austria). so, could anybody please explain that to me ? why do they offend us if even their own members said those things after our issue was released ?! they really don't look that smart to me even though COSMOS was one of the best in my opinion. but i must have been mistaken. DRIVE is messing up with us as they think they are no.1 in germany. hoho... well, anyway... they also said we should try to get a WORKING text-output routine in this mag. well, we NEVER pretended to be perfect... we know that there are a lot of bugs and there ever will be in future. but if they had have even the slightest idea of how difficult it is to make a magazine they had a little more respect to our work. they are just some of those never-pleased-suckers... the only thing they can is talking negative about other people allthough they are not even able to code a simple intro. (or do they really want to call their crap an intro ?!?!?) as i said in the beginning we try to be objective and talk about nice things. but hoow could we if we have a bunch of evidences which prove that DRIVE are lame recrackers... just think of ZUUL and PAUL DER KAEFER. or, have you seen some of their latest spread-disks ?! some of the best stuff on it was PASTFINDER (c)1984-activision. gosh ! they are sooo L-A-M-E !! and they reallt think they are better than germany's real giants: ACTION, GENESIS, SEVE ELEVEN, WOT AND ZEB and all the others. there has never been a more arrogant and selfish group than DRIVE ! according to MOSKWA TV he always left a group and joined the next one as it was funny. well, actually i talked to some of those groups and they ALL said they had KICKED him out. and i sure like to believe that as he is the most active RECRACKER and RIPPER i ever saw. (i wonder how long we have to wait until he thinks of joining DRIVE...) he RECRACKED a PASSWORD PROTECTOR which was written by the canadian group RAMPAR a long time ago. he even pretended to be the author of that program ! just have a look at his idiotic tool-collection... he also released the games RUNNING MAN and DESTROYER ESCORT without cracking them. he just put his intro in front of it, but never the less he pretended to be no.1 in europe. oh, yes, dear friends in ACTION i do agree with you... he is incredibly lame.-he even ripped a few intros of his old group, TRANS X which were written by the SKYLINE DUO. MOSKWA TV just removed the logo and replaced it with a BB logo... and, the best is, according to him we have stolen the idea of making the SEX'N'CRIME from SHAPE's COOCOC even though our first issue was released months before the first COOCOC and SHAPE already apologised. well, in fact they did not really apologise, they just told me to fuck off as it's none of my business if they steal an idea from us. ok, i don't care anyway... when will those childish people ever understand that we also have to write the negative sides to be objective... you all are happy when we write nice things about you, but you start to hate us as soon as we write negative things about you. no one cares at all about the fact that we just wrote the TRUTH. we do not write bad things about you because we want to harm you. we just think that the people have a right to know ! the best way to avoid bad news about you is to be good... (got that ? hehehe...)
Rumours and News
* RUMOURS AND NEWS * CHANNEL 42 joined IKARI but they were thrown out again so they are back as CHANNEL 42. and they do a pretty good job right now ! NIK left IKARI. up to now there has never been a real copy-party in australia. so, it's quite interesting to know that TEC will do the first official party ever in australia. people from all over the continent are invited... let's see what is going to happen on first of june 1989 down under. BOONFIRE, pretty cool crackers from france and switzerland joined GENESIS of GP+FE. the very cool dudes from TOUR DE FUTURE are now in cooperation with REFLEX. they now seem to be no.2 in australia, right after WOT. THE FORCE probably is no.3 now. LAZER hasn't done a lot lately... anyway, last time they released some ANCIENT programs from some INPUT 64 magazines. (c)1986... not that good... there's a new swedish group, called ACTIVE. in fact that's not a good name for them as they are former CFO-members. and if they ever were active, i'm the king of rock'n'roll... better change their name into INACTIVE, a pity, as they sure do have some fine coders. the DRUIDS and DEVILS co-op splitted up a couple of weeks ago. DRUIDS seem to be quite cool lately even though one of their main-swappers was in hospital for quite a time. the DEVILS are dead. some cool coders joined BABOONS and some swappers joined DRIVE, just like FUNTEX did. so, DRIVE seems to be the sequel of X-RATED... many members... but none of them really competent. the only good people in DRIVE seem to be the DEVILers. some swedish members left BYTESTAR and formed a new group, called X-FACTOR. (i just HATE that everyone wants to be no.1 nowadays and that everyone takes a name with 'x' as they think to be unique with that... i'm waiting for the day when they start using names like y-factor and y-ample... hehehe...) ACTION wrote in their MAGIC NEWS that SEX'N'CRIME said they are members of the FEDERATION AGAINST IKARI. well, they are not. sorry, i didn't know that SPITFIRE doesn't have the slightest bit of dignity. usually people start a war for nothing... but IKARI said SPITFIRE was a LAMER... and SPITFIRE didn't seem to care at all... was IKARI really that powerfull ? anyway, ACTION is in war with the SHARKS, BEASTIE BOYS and ARRAY. i personally think that the SHARKS are pretty cool. they might not have any good crackers but they really got fast originals just like ACTION. well, the two other groups... (aaarrrggghhh...) the word 'lame' is too good for them... the YANKEES pretend to be no.1 in france even though there are biiiiig groups like TRANSCOM, BABYGANG, POLTERGEIST and now even GP+FE. well, BABYGANG now asked other europeans to judge about all those french groups. and i do agree with jumpie's opinion that BABYGANG are the best french coders and TRANSCOM the no.1 in cracking. their only competitors are GP+FE and there sure will be a lot of cool french wares in the future. and, have you seen TRANSCOM's new intro ? it was coded by UNKNOW and it's COOOOL !! PULSAR, still the most active crackers at the moment finally got some real competitors: PANINARO. this is a new group, built up by TRIDOS, PACO, BAMBAM and some more ace-crackers. in fact they are lame coders and their cracks are not as good as those of FAIRLIGHT and GP+FE, but they are the fastest right now and even IKARI re-released a few of their cracks by including some trainers. EXACT finally is dead as their only cool members TCC(coder) and NEMESIS(swapper) left them. the incompetent founders (FILL, DERECK and some others) decided to leave the scene as they did not want to lose their face in public (actually they never really had one !). they are planning a come-back in october'89 but, without NEMESIS (now in DOMINATORS) and TCC they are one biiiiig 'NOTHING'. there has been a bit of trouble among the members of PARAMOUNT and a lot of them either left or were kicked out. some of them are now in DEFENSE, some others formed a new group together with some dudes from ALABAMA. the new name is DETAIL. hopefully PARAMOUNT will now, after they got rid of some of their lame members, return to their old and good standart. let's wait'n'see... F4CG had quite a good time when the guys from belgian-NFC and italian-HSCG joined them. they released a lot of really hot cracks. but, somehow they seem to have some problems right now... the only thing they 'crack' is shit... oops... i mean seuck-games, released by the italian softwarehouse SYSTEMS EDITORIALE which is known for their VERY LOW quality. but there have also been a few good releases from them. they had quite a nice version of SUPERTRUX. THE ELECTRIC COMPANY, former members of ASIA and responsible for that very COOL demo now joined a group, called LOGIC. BABYGANG, CONTEX and some others had the idea to built a new big co-op comparable to the european comunity or the nato. some rumours say the name was supposed to be COUNCIL OF EUROPEAN LEGENDS (COOL) LEVEL 99 and some others already agreed. the MAGIC NEWS wrote something about a war between VIRGIN and the german CONTEX members. actually CONTEX has only one german member, named SCRAP and the only thing he knows about VIRGIN is, that they contacted him and he didn't answer. MAGIC NEWS: better check your own news instead of accusing us !! the coders from X-RATED, which were responsible for tfe demo RATIO 80 joined the SHARKS. so they finally even got a couple of good coders ! WEETEBIX, former mega-crack-star of SCG is, according to the IGUANA, working for some software companies now. his job is to develope new copy-protections... funny, isn't it ?! by the way, NOSAH, the editor of IGUANA is back from the falkland islands. some rumours said he was going to quit IGUANA and was planning to work for SMASHER, but, apparently that seems to be wrong as he already released a new issue. he joined NATO, one of the british elite. PULSAR seem to have little problems in filling their disks as they released some old shit... believe it or not, but they cracked ENDURO RACER, DECATHLON, TETRIS and some more... they either have a sick humour or they are starting to fall... i don't hope so as i really loooooved their releases, even though they were illegal... hehehe... ALF and SPIKE of GP+FE bought an amiga and try to code a game on that mashine. as they do not have a c-64 anymore they decided to leave GP+FE and joined AMOK. ABIGAIL of F4CG is also coding a game on the c-64 which will probably released under the AMOK-label. THE WIM of F4CG seems to be working on PUFFI'S SAGA for UBI SOFT but as he's kind of a lazy pal it will take another while... there are some new magazines in scene... some of them seem to be pretty cool, others just try to copy the SEX'N'CRIME. so, here's what i think: MAGNETIC DREAMS: pretty cool, the first magazine in german and (!) english. COOCOC: lame. they just tried to copy us but they just fill their issues with nonsense. the most used words are: 'sorry, we don't know what to write' and 'why is nobody sending us anything ?!' ATOMIC NEWS: i only saw the first issue but it wasn't too bad for the beginning. it might become a cooool mag someday ! MAGIC NEWS: quite nice, but again they just copied the idea of SEX'N'CRIME and now pretend to be 10 times better than we are... pah ! DANECREW is also planging to do two new magazines. a pregty cool disk-mag and a stunning comicgpaper ! i'm really looking forward go that as i just love comics ! please send me an issue !! BIONIX ripped a complete scroll-routine from CRYPT without mentioning them in the credits. LAME is the word ! our special friend (hoho) LAAMY, oops, i mean: SNOOPY changed his name into ROY and joined DETAIL. i bet this little bastard is going to spoil this group as he did with all his former teams... DOMINATORS released the adventure FRANKENSTEIN and said they 3-filed it. well, actually i've already seen a crack of this game almost 2 years ago, and that already was 3-filed... ts,ts,ts... an american software-house, called SEASON TICKET PRODUCTIONS ripped an old public domain program ((c)1985 or so.) and sold it as BATTLE BOUND PROJECT. pahhh !! lame !!! anyway, TSM cracked it and claimed to be the one who ong-sided this game... well, actually the game was one-side all the time... they also said that they had pal-fixed the game. well, it was coded on a pal-computer so there sure was a lot to fix... hehehe... SPELLMIX joined ACID and ACID is now in co-op with THE FUTURE GENERATION. TJ LAZER and some other lamers of ARRAY joined NATO. probably NATO will go down in the future as they start to do the same mistake as BEASTIE BOYS and all the other big groups did: they take every SHITHEAD into their group and they will dest-oy the good reputation of NATO !! _ CRAZY is angry as their LAME crack of WEC LE MANS was chosen to be the wors+ of the month. actually the finnish guys of CRAZY apologised for it and said it was cracked in a hurry. but,the austrian members told us to fuck off as they never cracked that game in that bad way. somehow, the austrian guys seem to be some stupid little wannabees... you are lame little liars as the game actually was cracked by the austrian members ! ts,ts,ts... TMF of LEVEL 99 was caught by the police some days ago. so they will probably quit their illegal activities, but never theless they want to continue coding their cool demos ! (thank god for that!) BANDITS are now in co-operation with the guys from REALITY. again a lorrection about the BROWBEAT vs AXIOM war. BROWBEAT did win. AXION/CRAZY splitted up. some of them tried to form a new group and HAWKEYE/AXION even joined AXION/CRAZY. BROWBEAT's new coder really is a bit young, but he is the little brother of MIY from FINNISH GOLD. anyway, JUGDE of BROWBEAT joined CONTEX.
News and Previews
* NEWS AND PREVIEWS * the F4CG party was not a big success as not many v.i.p. were present. mostly people from belgium and some dudes from BLASTERS (spain) were there... VENLO was quite empty last time. not that many good people, the only cool thing was a 4-screen-panorama-demo, made by some unknown people, called IMAGE. some really coooooool coders !! i also meet a few dudes from DEMIX and other big demo-groups, but none of them had coded something as amazing as IMAGE. new issues of the NEWS and SMASHER were spread. both very cool indeed ! actually the SMASHER this time was not made by CHRISTIAN but by some dudes from FUN AND FUNCTION (german BLASTERS) and GRECCO (german member of NATO). and, i must say, that was the best issue i ever saw !! the NEWS was quite good aswell. but, there was another magazine released by DUST, which is called BIVALENT. oh, boy... complete shit !! no news and they had top-cracker rankings and they even ranked DUST among the 10 best crackers of the world... wuahahahaha !! GRECCO of NATO was responsible for the charts in the SMASHER and, guess what... NATO was no.1 ! hehehe... he said he did not cheat the rankings, but i do not believe that_as NATO also send their votings to the PIRATES and they voted: no.1 cracker: NATO. best new intro: NATO best demo-coders: NATO, most active group: NATO... puahahahaaa !!!! what a joke ! i think they should better let FUN AND FUNCTION handle the charts !! the ALABAMA + THE NEW FASHION party was held on 3.june 1989. only 25 people showed up !! hummmh... maybe they forgot to spread the invitation... (hihihi... just kidding, pals !) VIPER DESIGNS couldn't get a party-room on 17.june so the date was chancelled and the new date will be 8.july 1989 they are also coding a game under their legal label BYTES IN TROUBLE which is called DECLEM and will be released soon. a new company was born: DOUBLE DENSITY. it was founded by WALTER of 711. they already made an admirable demo, coded by MR.CURSOR, graphics done by X-AMPLE and music by MARKUS SCHNEIDER of the LORDS OF SONICS. apparently they are better than PETER PARKER's DIGITAL DEVELOPEMENTS !! there might be a some new games released by AMOK in the next few months. ZUULBALL on the c-64 and the amiga and a shoot'em'up done by ABIGAIL of F$CG. also some new games from a turkish and BOCADERF (ex-YANKEES). he is also looking for some more people too help him doing his game. so, contact him if you want to earn some money ! the 3.RADWAR party will be held at the end of this month. (30.june - 2,july) in hueckelhoven/germany (near aachen). they also want to organize some kind of olympic games (pirates vs companies) !! co-co-cooool !! but, there will also be the 2OOO AD party in denmark. so, if you prefer cool stuff instead of a big fun, then better drive up to denmark ! a lot of you asked me how they could be sure to get ALL issues of SEX'N'CRIME. pah ! piece of cake that is ! just buy every GAME ON as every issue includes an issue of SEX'N'CRIME ! but, we also spread it in venlo one month before. and another party is gonna take place: STARDOM and CRAZY, held on the 4.8.1989 in le locle/switzerland. and finally THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE will do a one week party (7.8.-13.8.1989) in kristiansund/norway.
* HOW TO BECOME A FAMOUS CRACKER * gosh ! a lot of unknown people contacted us and begged us to tell them how to get famous in the rough world of computer piracy. so, i will now try to give you some instructions based on what all those giants told me in their inter- views. >ctually you don't need to worry about getting famous if you have any good facility. if you are an ace-coder a big group will contact you and will to get you for their group. if i was you i'd rather hurry to say YEEEES then ! but, it's a little more complicated if you are not a good coder. so, first of all you should get a nice name for your group. it doesn't matter if it's long or short it just should be unique. but, don't start searching names with 'a' or 'x' but try to find strange names like SHARKS, 711, SCOUSE, GENESIS or IKARI. then you should try to raise the quality of your contacts. try to get in touch with some big ones. make them to your friends. make other people talk about you. no matter what they say... any publicity is a good publicity ! hehe... the more friends you got the more people talk good about you and they hopefully will have mercy with you and send you some cool stuff so you can spread it and get new contacts. choose some cool dudes from your contacts and try to convince them to join you, or, just join them. make a few demos but don't ripp or recrack anything as all your good reputation will be gone after anybody found that out. never show off and never pretend to be better than you really are. if you talk to anybody bigger than you, do not try to amaze him by telling him lies as he usually won't be easy to fool. don't tell him you got HOSTAGES even though you don't even really know what that is... just try to get along with what you really have. in the beginning you should try to have as many contacts as possible so you get all their newest stuff. later, when you are a little more popular and even people you not swap with know your name you can reduce the number of contacts again and concetrate on your best contacts. send as often as possible and try to send more of your own productions (demos, intro-previews, cracks etc) than other people's wares as this is the only way to let other people know that you are alive. do not pretend to be better than anybody else, as they will get jealous and will talk bad about you. maybe they will even start a war against you... and if they are mutch bigger than you, you better join another group or sell your computer ! hehehe... yes, i know... it's easy to advise you BUT IT'S HARD TO REALIZE ALL THAT... the only thing you really need to get famous is a biiig brain ! you have to be smarter and tougher than the others so, most of all a group needs a good leader. he has to know how to take people and should be able to make them do whatever he wants without let them notice that. ok, now just grab a pen and contact the adresses in this issue ! make your move... get the fame !
* GAMES * well, the coders (SPHINX again ?) of PATHAL seem to be fans of TETRIS as their game is exactly the same. the music is worse, the gameplay is the same but the luxury was raised. you now have a variety of point-displays. i'll give this some 52% ! HOLLYWOOD POKER PRO from RELINE was quite funny on the amiga. (expecially the zoom-mode. hehehe...) and, gosh ! the c-64 is just as good as the amiga- original ! what i liked most was the cool intro with that dancing woman ! it almost looks better on the c-64... but, they also tried to do interlacing on the c-64... aaarrrggghhh... you can hardly see anything as the whole screen is flickering like hell !!! rating: 65% BAAL is another amiga-conversion and another shoot'em'up... nice graphics on both computers but, as i didn't like the 16 bit version i neither do like the 8 bit version... rating: 40% RINGSIDE is a nice boxing-simulation with funny graphics. but, still prefer BANGKOK NIGHTS from SYSTEM 3 !! anyway, it gets 60% from me. A ROCKSTAR ATE MY HAMSTER is so cooool ! one of my favourite game right now !!! you are the manager of a couple of music stars and you have to get rich... very cool graphics, nice musics annd a lot of fun ! you really have to buy this !! my rating: 90% HORROR CITY isn't that bad, though it was made by an italian software house. you are supposed to kill a few monsters in a left-right scrolling town. you have to chose the right weapon as only a few of them can harm each monster. some nice graphics and a bad music makes me give it 55% ARCADE FLIGHT SIMULATOR is a rather primitive shoot'em'up. they only fun you might get is to play with your friend. anyway, it's just a remake of the old SUPER DOGFIGHT. better graphics but still the same lame game (hihi...) rating: 43%
* CHARTS * BEST PAPER DRAWERS: 1...............thomas ackermann of amok 2..................................brady 3....................hobbit of fairlight 4.......................silver of errors 5.......ole marius pettersen of prosonix BEST SCREEN DRAWERS: 1....................................bob 2.................the sarge of fairlight 3................................pegasus 4................charles deenen of scoop 5.....................takashi of x-ample BEST CRACKER-PAPER-MAGAZINES 1.........................PIRATES (f4cg) 2..........................IGUANA (nato) 3.....................SMASHER (blasters) 4.........................NEWS (dave e.) 5........................ILLEGAL (elite) BEST GROUPS: 1.......................pulsar (england) 2.....................paninaro (england) 3........................gp+fe (germany) 4.......................action (germany) 5.......................sharks (germany) 6...................dominators (denmark) 7........................ikari (denmark) 8..............rough trade inc (england) 9.........................nato (england) 10.....................hotline (holland)
* CONTACTS * (removed)
* INTERVIEW * today i'll have a small talk with STET. - OMG of AMOK + STETSASONIC of the SHARKS -hi, markus ! how old are you ? +i'm 18 years. -how and when did you get to the world of computers and what did you do since that time ? . +my father bought a c-64 a couple of years ago and i started playing on it as i liked those funny little games. well, somehow i started swapping games with a few friends. later i joined MANTRONIX. after that i joined the cool SHINING 8. i've been there for about 6 months and we were germany's number one. we got all our originals from BROS until we had some trouble with them. SHINING 8 was running down hill as we had nothing to crack. so, some of us decided to re-inforce the SHARKS, and so we did. even the german members of BROS joined us. -what is your job in the SHARKS ? +well, i'm a swapper and i sometimes do some graphics for our intros etc. -what do you think about the following magazines: -iguana ? + good, but their high english is hard to read for me. -illegal ? + too subjective... it's just an elite-propaganda-mag ! -pirates ? + never heard of before... -smasher ? + complete shit !! -news ? + i never read one... -magic news + quite good. -sex'n'crime ? + one or maybe the (!) best magazine i know. -so, do you spread sex'n'crime ? +nooo ! never ! i never spread anything else than SHARKS-wares. -not even if you still got hundreds of free blocks on your disks ?! +no, never. if necessary i spread the disk with an empty back-side ! -ts,ts,ts... anyway, who are your best friends ? +only the people from SHINING 8 and the SHARKS. -why are you doing that SHARKS-party in frankfurt every month even though it's dangerous for you ? (police...) +well, we are just too lazy to drive all the way to venlo every month. so we decided to have our own party in frankfurt. -do you have a girl-friend ? +no. -what do you think about elite ? +not mutch... they are arrogant shitters and they seem to think they are better than they really are... but, i like jeff smart. -ok, but tell me a little bit about your hobbies besides your computer. +i like to play table-tennis and i sometimes do some graffiti for fun... i like hip-hop music and i'm some kind of a mixture of half a popper and a rapper. i don't like any of germany's political parties so, i do not vote for any of the existing parties. maybe i'll someday have my own ! hehe. and, yes, i loooove italian food. -what do you think about your position in germany and, who's the best ? +hugh... i think we are very good. we have some of the best musicians in germany and we got very hot originals. LEVEL 99 are germany's best demo-group and 711 are the best cracking-group in my opinion. -how many members do the SHARKS have right now ? +i'm not sure, but, i think it's around 12-15 people. -what's your favourite movie ? +i don't have any as i am not watching tv too often. it's so boring. -ok... anything else you want to say ? +no, not really. -well, thank you for this interview. +thanks to you. yes, you are right... again you reached the end of this magazine. thank you for reading it ! and, don't forget to spread it. the more people read this, the more people can help us to improve it ! we want to entertain you, so don't hesitate do write and tell us what you like and what you don't ! anyway, THANX FOR ALL TO: WOT,CONTEX,CP VERLAG,ACID,IGUANA, SHARKS,TNF,GP+FE,DETAIL,MATRIX,C AND F4CG.
MAILBOX V3.0 -gosh, this shit main-program is messing up all the time and i gotta get this finished until tomorrow morning... fuuuuuuuuck ! anyway, hope to be able to spread this in venlo 17.06.1989
aarrrgghh... yes, i know there are some bugs in this issue again but as you might we are used to make the new issue the night before release-date. so, i wrote the text, i set the parameters, removed a few mistakes in the text and phoned with some australian folks... right now it's 3.20 o'clock in the morning and i can tell you... I AM TIRED !!!! so, if you nerd really piss me on for the bug in the end of text then just go ahead... i don''t care... fuck you ! ok, i will now go to bed and my computer is gonna pack the mag.-file (i hope...) see you tomorrow morning in venlo ! bye, amok headquarter...
D64 MD5: 875046ce04c6459a30e8ceb50429a30e